After yesterday's tip about RSS reader Inoreader, I'll talk about RSS some more as podcasts have RSS at their basis for updating us about new episodes, although Spotify is trying really hard to kill that (luckily with little success so far).
Today's tip is the most excellent podcasting client: Pocket Casts. Not only is Pocket Casts available on both Android and iOS, they also recently open sourced their code base, and we're certainly seeing bug fixes and features being submitted to their GitHub repos, that's great for us using the apps!
I listen to podcasts all the time, when I'm not at the computer. During bicycle rides, folding the laundry, in the shower (yep..) and when out kayaking.
Why is Pocket Casts great? I love:
- Organizing podcasts in folders
- Nerdy stats
- Automatic volume boosting (for those slightly too quiet podcasts)
- Great lists of popular podcasts, good for discovering new ones
- Well implemented queueing system
- Reliable sleep timer
- And I just got my yearly roundup from them 🥂